Happy Thanksgiving Quotes : Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday celebrated in Canada and the United States. Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States
Thanksgiving traditions include the smells of turkey roasting, pumpkin pie baking, and cranberries cooking that make your mouth water and the togetherness of family and friends. Giving thanks for all the bounty you have received makes Happy Thanksgiving wishes for your friends and family that much sweeter. Whether celebrating together or apart, the Happy Thanksgiving quotes you write in your Thanksgiving cards will let them know how thankful you are to have them in your life. We know that they will smile and give thanks for you in return.
Here we are sharing best and most loved Happy Thanksgiving Quotes, for all my readers and fellow bloggers as well. I hope you all like these and share these Quotes, with your friends for wishing them a very very Happy Thanksgiving Day. Also check : Happy Thanksgiving Greetings
Best Happy Thanksgiving Quotes For Wishing Your Friends
So, keep reading this article here for the best Happy Thanksgiving Quotes. I hope you all like these.
- The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving. ~H.U. Westermayer
- If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, “thank you,” that would suffice. ~Meister Eckhart
- Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude. ~E.P. Powell
- So once in every year we throng
Upon a day apart,
To praise the Lord with feast and song
In thankfulness of heart.
~Arthur Guiterman, The First Thanksgiving
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- Remember God’s bounty in the year. String the pearls of His favor. Hide the dark parts, except so far as they are breaking out in light! Give this one day to thanks, to joy, to gratitude! ~Henry Ward Beecher
- Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow. ~Edward Sandford Martin
- Our rural ancestors, with little blest,
Patient of labour when the end was rest,
Indulged the day that housed their annual grain,
With feasts, and off’rings, and a thankful strain.
Also Check: Happy Thanksgiving Messages
Being Thankful: Quotes about Gratitude
Today, as we all come together to celebrate Thanksgiving, I want to first thank you all for being so supportive of me and all of my endeavors. Those of you who make up my community inspire me to keep working towards my dreams and it’s a privilege to be able to share that journey with all of you. As we celebrate this holiday, I hope you are all surrounded by people you love and that bring you joy. I wish you love, happiness, abundance, and many things to be thankful for on this day. To get you into the spirit of the holiday, I leave you with some of my favorite quotes about gratitude. May you carry a thankful heart.
1. Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. – Melody Beattie
2. ‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. – Alice Walker
3. When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude. – Gilbert K. Chesterton
4. Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. – John Milton
5. Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others. – Marcus Tullius Cicero
Also Check: Happy Thanksgiving Images
Christian Thanksgiving Quotes and Sayings – Thanksgiving Quotes from the Bible
I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O Lord: That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth. ~ Psalms 26:6-8
Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High: And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me. ~ Psalms 50:14-15
Sing unto the Lord with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God Who covereth the heaven with clouds, who prepareth rain for the earth, who maketh grass to grow upon the mountains. ~ Psalms 147:7-8
For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God. ~ 2 Corinthians 4:15
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. ~ Philippians 4:6
Also check : Beautiful Happy Thanksgiving Cards 2016
Awesome Happy Thanksgiving Quotes 2016
- Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action. ~W.J. Cameron
- He who thanks but with the lips
Thanks but in part;
The full, the true Thanksgiving
Comes from the heart.
- Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day. ~Robert Caspar Lintner
- For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence. ~Erma Bombeck
- For flowers that bloom about our feet;
For tender grass, so fresh, so sweet;
For song of bird, and hum of bee;
For all things fair we hear or see,
Father in heaven, we thank Thee!
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
happy thanksgiving quotes for boss, happy thanksgiving sayings, love thanksgiving quotes, funny thanksgiving quotes
- An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day. ~Irv Kupcinet
- Thou hast given so much to me,
Give one thing more, — a grateful heart;
Not thankful when it pleaseth me,
As if Thy blessings had spare days,
But such a heart whose pulse may be Thy praise.
- The unthankful heart… discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings! ~Henry Ward Beecher
- Some have meat and can not eat, –
And some wad eat that want it;
But we hae meat, and we can eat,
Sae let the Lord be thankit.
Also Check: Happy Thanksgiving Poems
So, this was our collection of these Happy Thanksgiving Quotes, I hope you all liked and shared these with your friends, family and your loved ones as well.
Also check : Happy Thanksgiving Messages
If you liked our website and the content here as well, then do like us on Facebook and stay tuned to us for a lot more Happy Thanksgiving Quotes.